Stars and Stories: A Winter stargazing self-led adventure pack
"Experiencing the night sky...triggers a host of physical and psychological benefits, from boosting creativity and lowering stress to making us care more about the wellbeing of our planet."
- Jo Marchant, Author of The Human Cosmos.
This digital pack has been created to take yourself (and your partner and family if you wish!) on an awe-inspiring journey to a corner of the Northern Hemisphere's night sky. It contains:
- A beautiful digital guidebook including information on the science behind awe, inspiring quotes from scientists and authors, a story about the life and death of two star sisters, a star chart and scientific and mythical stories about three winter star formations: Orion, Seven Sisters and Sirius
- A magical, meditative 20 minute audioguide on YouTube that talks you through the stories in the guidebook - listen as you gaze at the stars or as an imaginary experience if stars are hard to see where you live (there is an image of the night sky if you watch it on YouTube too)
- A 30 minute starry night sky painting class on YouTube demonstrating some of the techniques I use to paint the night sky and encouraging you to get creative and paint your own night sky (this is a recording of a live class).
- Nature journaling prompts to help you record your experience
As this is a digital download, you will get the adventure pack straight to your inbox as soon as you have bought it. You will also get any future updates to this self-led Winter Stargazing Adventure pack.
You can take the adventure in your garden, on your doorstep or from your window. You can even take an imaginary adventure using the audioguide if getting outside isn't an option.
Scientists studying awe are starting to find that experiencing something beyond our comprehension seems to gift us the ability to break out of our everyday thinking and assumptions and see the world afresh.
Please get in touch with me at any time during your self-led adventure with questions: email@example.com
Add bonus starry experiences for £50
Add to your stargazing adventure with two unique, live experiences:
1. Create Your Own Astronomy Events Chart Workshop
Tuesday 17 January 2023, 12.30-2pm GMT (recording available)
If you love looking at the stars join me, Agnes Becker, in a creative online workshop and make an Astronomy Events Chart to put on your wall and remind you to go and look up at the night sky throughout 2023. Perfect to continue your stargazing adventures.
2. The Human Cosmos chat and Q&A with author Jo Marchant
Tuesday 24 January 2023, 1-2pm GMT (recording available)
In an incredible, awe-inspiring talk with New York Times bestselling author Jo Marchant we will be taken on a journey through the human relationship with the night sky, based on her book The Human Cosmos: A Secret History of the Stars.
Jo Marchant is a New York Times bestselling author and speaker. Her writing explores the nature of humanity and our universe, from the mind-body connection to the mysteries of past civilisations and the awesome power of the night sky.
This bonus is usually only available to folk enrolled in the year-long Rewild Your Soul experience.
Add a gift box for £20
Gifting this experience to a loved one? Add on a physical gift box filled with wintery and starry card and print designs:
- Snowy branch A5 print reminding you to take wisdom from winter trees and rest a while
- 4 x 'Brightest star in the sky' greetings cards
- 4 x 'New Moon and Venus' Moon greetings cards
All wrapped with a dark blue silk ribbon and packed in an eco-friendly box and tissue paper.